Sportswomen of Colorado accepts award nominations from across the state all year long. We invite everyone to nominate their favorite outstanding athletes, coaches, and contributors as early as January 1 and as late as December 31. So, get those nominations in before the end of the year!
Nominees selected for awards are honored at our Awards Celebration the following year.
We count on coaches from all competition levels, previous award winners, fellow athletes, fans, and yes, even parents, to make nominations!
- Honorees are selected based on their achievements in sport during the
calendar year or for their lifetime/career achievement
- The Selection Committee meets once a year to review all nominations
- Every nomination is reviewed
- Upwards of fifty athletes and contributors are selected and recognized each
- Our diverse awards categories recognize a wide variety of girls and women,
from Olympians, top college and high school athletes, championship teams,
and coaches, to most courageous, most promising, pioneers, and even burro racers!
- Males may also be nominated for their contributions to girls’ and women’s sports