Sportswomen of Colorado is a non-profit organization which promotes, honors, and empowers Colorado girls and women in sport.
The Development and Fundraising Internship for Sportswomen of Colorado (SWOC) targets those individuals who are interested in development and fundraising in the nonprofit sector. Upon completion, the intern can expect to acquire invaluable experience in working with donor relations, branding, event management, strategic planning, and writing grant applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Intern will be responsible for researching and developing potential areas of growth in the areas of fundraising including but limited to grants, campaigns and events, corporate relations, bequests and endowments, as well as individual solicitations. He/she will assist in building a strategy to ensure the organization is sustainable now and moving forward.
Activities may include:
- Develop fundraising materials, including a toolkit for community and online fundraisers.
- Identify, research, and compile leads for funding sources.
- Develop strategies to cultivate relationships.
- Manage fundraising campaigns and oversee donor relations.
- Generate initiatives that increase donor loyalty.
- Write grant applications.
- Provide accurate data collection for grant reporting and proposals.
- Draft newsletters, one pagers and fundraising campaigns.
- The ability to embody Sportswomen of Colorado’s mission.
- Must own a personal laptop computer.
- Ability to commit to the entire internship period as will be discussed in the interview process.
- Organized and clear writing ability is required. Must be able to develop clear and detailed content describing impacts as well as compelling stories and messaging.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in reaching out to organizations and donors, via email, phone, and in-person.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed.
Preferred skills but not required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Slides
- Experience with social media platforms.
- An interest in sports.
Hours and Terms
- This is an unpaid, voluntary internship.
- Specific hours, start and end dates are flexible and to be determined between the intern and the Executive Director.
For more information, questions, or to apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and 2 reference letters to Linda Lappe at email@example.com.